Bobby Thomson's "Shot Heard 'Round The World"
"The Giants Win the Pennant!"
Bobby Thomson's dramatic home run was the ultimate baseball fantasy. His New York
Giants had already pulled off a miracle just being in the 1951 National League play-offs. The Giants won Game 1, behind a
two-run home run by Thomson. They lost Game 2, 10-0. And they trailed 4-2 in the bottom of the ninth of Game 3 when
Thomson stepped to the plate again. With the crowd roaring, he smashed an amazing three-run homer that won the game
-- and the pennant -- for the Giants.
- This sculpture features extraordinarily realistic figures capturing the drama of Thomson's
home run. One figurine shows Thomson gazing skyward as he connects on the legendary home run. The other depicts his joyful
leap onto home plate as he is about to be mobbed by his teammates.
- The exceptionally detailed facial expressions and body positions are the result of extensive
research of photos. To capture all this spectacular detail, Bobby Thomson's Shot Heard 'Round the World is meticulously crafted
and painted by hand.
- The figurines come complete with a handsome, custom-crafted hardwood base with an inset brass
medallion. They are backed by a dramatic re-creation of a New York newspaper's front-page coverage of this historic blast.
- Licensed by Bobby Thomson and Major League Baseball®, this spectacular sculpture is available
- Actual size approximately 14" wide x 7.25" deep x 8.75" in height.